Shopping at Mood and earrings from Elladolce

25 comments
Last weekend Luke, Frankie (my dog), and I went to Mood for some fabric shopping. I felt bad making Luke and the pup wait, so I tried to be quick. Frankie had fun though, she had her first dog celebrity sighting and got to meet Oscar de la Renta, the Los Angeles Mood dog that hangs out in the store ;)


Even though Mood Fabrics is a 3+ hour drive from my house I make the trek when I need garment fabrics. You have more than likely checked out their website, so you know there is a huge selection (and even more in person!), but what really keeps me coming back is the customer service. The last two times I have been lucky enough to be helped by Silvana, she is amazing! Seriously, if you are ever there make sure you ask for her. She was so patient even when I asked a million questions, helpful, knowledgable, and fun to talk with.

Anyway, here is what I bought:

 Silk in a wild print.

This fabric is actually more of a wine color. I messed with the settings in Photoshop, but still couldn't get the correct hue :( The polkadots are my ironing board, fyi.

Another wild fabric. I've been super into fabrics that have a sixties feel to them, so I immediately fell in love with this one.

Yesterday my talented friend, Taryn, posted this photo on Instagram of earrings that she made. Ummmm, match made in heaven for the fabric I posted above? I immediately bought the two pairs on the right. Do you ever plan what you're going to wear with outfits that don't even exist yet? haha :) If you're like me and need jewelry for imaginary outfits (or real ones!) then check out her Etsy shop, you will not be disappointed.

25 comments :

  1. Loooove the fabrics!! Those are so neat! I can't wait to see what you make, the earrings will match beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rochelle! I am super excited about the earrings and fabric. I want to wear the earrings in the shoot that I'm in next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some great fabrics! I love the 60's pastel Pucci like gem. The dogs are so cute together, can't wait to meet Oscar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! I love the pink silk print!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT fabrics!! I've been loving all things purple lately so that solid 'wine' is really calling to me - but hands down my favorite is the wild sixties-ish print! I think I kind of love you in bold prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Oscar when I was there too! He's so cute. Love the silk print. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frankie even got to go to Mood?? So jealous ;) Looks like a successful shopping trip--can't wait to see your makes. I'm digging the 60's vibe on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm about 45 minutes away from Mood (on a good traffic day, if that exists) but I still haven't gone inside. I've passed by it on occasion, but always on the way to dinner or another appointment. :( Granted, it's only been 11 months since I started sewing, but I really should see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can not wait to see what you make from these! And those earrings, oh, those earrings! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I LOVE '60's prints, too, and you pull them off so well! Can't wait to see what you make! Love the earrings, btw... off to go lurk her Etsy shop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such perfect fabrics and earrings for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't usually like dangly earrings but these are really pretty! Especially the yellow ones! The sixties fabric looks really fun. Can't wait to see what it becomes. Perhaps a funky little shift (hmmmm new Collette?)?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously can't wait to see those amazing prints sewn up! Both have a great almost psychedelic vibe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Tasha! It's the vibe I was going for :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a dangly earring person AT ALL, but these earrings converted me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!


    Did you find anything in her shop that you liked? Whenever I look at her Etsy I ALWAYS have to buy something new, I can't say "no," it's all too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should plan a day trip there. Just bring a list of what you need or it might get overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  18. We should do a meet up one day and meet there!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks, Sallie. I really love bold prints too, the crazier the better :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks, Angela! I was thinking Pucci when I saw it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I lurve that second wild print you're going to make the Elisalex from - so very pucci!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I couldn't decide what to get-- I favorited basically every bracelet! What a great shop!

    ReplyDelete